This week we are starting a new homework routine: Word Study!
In addition to the "normal" read 20-30 minutes, students are asked to sort their words at home (saying each word aloud) and copy down the sort in their word study journals. The word study homework schedule has been glued to the inside cover of the journal.
A typical week might look like this:
- Monday: Sort words at home and copy them down in journal
- Tuesday: Choice from the homework menu (e.g., Dictionary Look-up)
- Wednesday: Choice from the homework menu (e.g., Riddles)
- Thursday: Practice spelling test @ home
- Friday: QUIZ @ school (no homework at night)
Good luck & have fun!
- Mr. B