- Read 20 minutes (or more!) with a good book
- Reading log (due Friday)
- Math: practice multiplication facts (x3, x6, x12, x7)
- P.E. jump rope for heart waiver form
Inspired by an email from a parent of a 3rd grader at BES, today I introduced a website to the class: www.freerice.com
Taken from the website:
"FreeRice is a non-profit website run by the United Nations World Food Programme.
FreeRice has two goals:
This is made possible by the generosity of the sponsors who advertise on this site."
- Provide education to everyone for free.
- Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
It seems like a fun way to practice different subjects (I remember using it in graduate school as a vocabulary quiz). In class, we used the "Math" subject and the "multiplication table" category. There are a variety of subjects, all free to use and with the added bonus of helping to feed hungry people around the world. Students were very excited to see the grains of rice that began to quickly pile up when correctly answering multiplication questions!
Check it out!
- Mr. B