- Read 20-30 minutes with a good book.
- Word Study: Cut, Sort & Copy at home.
- Math: Finish the addition packet we worked on in class ("By the Bushel").
Tomorrow we start to work on our Terrestrial Environment projects. If you can find any information on your environment (desert, grassland, rainforest, temperate forest) please feel free to bring it in as an additional source!
Current focus (for parents):
- Reading: Comprehension. Looking up book-specific vocabulary words and discussing/summarizing the plot in student-centered book groups. Our current read aloud book is The White Giraffe, by Lauren St. John.
- Writing: Final Drafts, moving into Non-Fiction writing (focus on animals).
- Word Study: Sorts will be posted tonight.
- Science: Terrestrial Environments (just finished Aquatic Environments).
- Math: Computation (addition and subtraction). Currently mastering addition strategies, moving into subtraction strategies later this week.